I can’t believe my year as Miss Oxford is almost over and I’ll be crowning a new Miss Oxford on March 1, 2014. Are you a talented student between the ages of 18-24, who lives in Butler County or attends Miami University? If so, I’d love to invite YOU to participate in the 2014 Miss Oxford Scholarship Competition. The application deadline is February 15, 2014.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? Why compete for Miss Oxford 2014?
- Scholarship Money – Rich in history and social significance, the Miss America pageant has been empowering women and providing millions of dollars in educational assistance since 1921. Last year, the Miss America organization made available more than $45 million for participants to attend college. Participants receive scholarship money at the local, state and national level. Through the Miss America organization, talented students are able to graduate from college completely debt free. The new Miss Oxford will be afforded the opportunity to compete for the prestigious title of Miss Ohio. From there, she could represent our beautiful state in Atlantic City with the chance to become Miss America 2015!
- Fits Into Your Busy Schedule – Your only time commitment is an Orientation meeting and the Miss Oxford Scholarship Competition on Saturday, March 1, 2014 – a total of 2 days.
- Service – As Miss Oxford you will have the opportunity to support the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, your personal platform and the Oxford Community (including fun events and wonderful causes at Miami University).
- Pre-Pageant Prep Team – This year we have created a prep team dedicated to helping newer contestants prepare for the competition. If you’ve never done a Miss America local pageant before, it can seem like an overwhelming task. Our team is here to help you every step of the way to show you success is possible, even without lots of pageant experience.
- A Completely Supportive Committee – Our committee includes former titleholders (local and state) and Director Jacky Johnson. They know what it’s like to be in your position and have the experience and empathy to help you be your best, and help you have fun while you’re doing it. If you become Miss Oxford, you have an exciting job ahead of you as a titleholder – to prepare for Miss Ohio and Miss America. The Miss Oxford Committee will help you be “the best you” that you can be. Pageants are completely subjective; there is no formula for winning. Miss Oxford offers highly individualized preparation focusing on areas where you have the biggest opportunities to pick up more points, creating a strategic plan to help you focus and achieve your goals.
Serving as Miss Oxford has been an exciting year celebrating scholarship, service, style and success. I’d love to crown YOU on March 1, 2014. Learn more at MissOxfordPageant.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to the Miss Hollywood/Southland Scholarship Program for sharing their “What’s In It For You” List